Friday, December 24, 2010

Firsts

            This is my first post on my first blog and my first Christmas away from my family and friends back home. However this is my first Christmas with someone I am completely in love with, and I am so happy to have him here with me. It makes the feeling of being away from my family and friends seem not so terrible.

            Christmas is a little different this year, Adam and I and a couple friends rented a cabin in Mosses Pass, AK right outside Seward, about 2 hours away from Fort Richardson. The price was great and the owners of http://sprucemoosealaska.com/: Gary & Treva, were more than helpful, willing to work with us, and were ever so kind. I strongly recommend renting a cabin through them next time you are thinking about getting away in Alaska.


                    On the way to the cabin driving down the winding road.

                                              The Wild Rose Chalet


                                        The view from the balcony inside
                 We brought our Christmas Tree for an extra homey touch

Tonight we'll go to a Christmas eve service at a church about the size of this cabin, I am excited to see what this church has in store. I haven't been to church in so long, so on top of it being Christmas, I am excited to get back to church. Afterwards we'll have a late dinner and stay up until were to tired to keep our eyes open, because we are all oh-so-excited for Santa to come!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, and I am thinking of you all, I miss and love you!

4 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! What a great idea to start a blog. Even though I miss you so much I can't even describe it, having this does help.... a little:) The cabin looks beautiful! The Christmas tree makes it just right:) I can't wait to hear about how the Christmas Eve service went. We all sang silent night as usual at the end of church at the Chapel and I missed putting our arms around each of us and swaying to the music. Just dad and I did tonight.... it was nice, just not the same. The Hendricksons all send their love and wish you a very merry Christmas! Let me know if you catch a glimpse of Santa! I am glad Adam is in your life to make this christmas (and many more) so very special for you! Merry Christmas to both mommy and daddy to be! I love you as high as the sky and as deep as the sea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... this would be the third time i am writing a comment.... rrrrr. So now it will be short and sweet just so I can make sure it is posted... Congratulations! Kirsten Hundley, I like it, it flows very nicely! I love you as high as the sky and as deep as the sea!
    Clare Annette Reed

    ReplyDelete
  3. So during my quiet time this morning I was reading the bible and came to Psalm 139.... I thought of you... specifically 139:5 You hem me in behind and before and you lay your hand upon me. I like that verse because it says to me God's got my back, and I am convinced HE has yours too! Lean on him and ask him for guidance Kirst in everything you have before you. If there is anything I can give you to help start your marriage with Adam strong, it would be that. Remember to include God in it:)
    And of course, this Psalm made me think of you because of 139:13-18

    For you created my inmost being you knit me together in my mother's womb.
    I praise you becasue I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
    My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, i almost did it again.... losing all my work. I did not mean to click post comment yet as I was not done typing...

    Psalm 139:16
    Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
    17: How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
    18: Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand-when I am awake I am still with you.

    I hope you pray this prayer to your little one Kirsten, as he/she is being fearfully and wonderfully made in you! There isn't any other time when you will work with God in creating such a miracle as when you are carrying a new life.
    And remember that God is always with YOU. That he knew long before you did that this day would come in the way in which it did. Include Him in these changes! He is full of thoughts of YOU and loves you deeply! Let Him share in your journey.
    I love you as high as the sky and as deep as the sea!

    ReplyDelete